The purpose of this page is to give you information about how your data is used and processed by RAM Gasket Solutions Ltd.
RAM Gasket Solutions Limited (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting ramgaskets.com you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation and the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Data Protection Legislation”), the data controller is RAM Gasket Solutions Ltd, 35 & 36 Cardrew Trade Park, Cardrew Industrial Estate, Redruth, Cornwall, TR15 1SZ.
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information You Give Us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site ramgaskets.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information.
Information We Collect About You
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
• technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
• information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to contact us.
Uses We Make Of Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information You Give To Us
We may use this information:
• to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
• to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
• to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
• to contact you by telephone if you have consented to this
• to notify you about changes to our service;
• to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information We Collect About You
We may use this information:
• to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
• to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
• as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
• to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
• to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
• Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
• Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in TR1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
• Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
• We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If RAM Gasket Solutions Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Resale Or Disclosure Of Information To Third Parties
RAM Gasket Solutions Ltd. does not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease any personal information collected at our site, including contact forms, download requests or email lists.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
What Are Cookies?
Cookies are small text based files that are placed on your device when you visit a website. Cookies can be temporary files (only lasting as long as your website visit), or permanent (being stored on your machine until your next visit to the website). Cookies can also be first party (that is, only cable of being read by the website that sets those cookies on your machine), or third party (that is, these cookies are capable of being read by other websites that you might visit).
Cookies generally allow websites to function properly, and improve your experience of the internet.
Necessary and Functional: These cookies enable our website to function properly, and allow the visitor to buy something from our online shop.
Performance Cookies: These cookies collect anonymous data about visitors to our website. This data is used by us to alert us to any problems in the performance of our web site, and to improve the content and quality of our website.
Tracking: These anonymous cookies allow us to run targeted advertising campaigns via the Google Ads platform (specifically the GDN (Google Display Network)). These cookies are used to provide information about our goods and services. All of the information provided by the cookies that we use is anonymous; these cookies do not collect personal information about visitors to our website.
Which Cookies Do We Use?
Google, Google Analytics & Google Ads
Used by Google Analytics to store a Clilent ID number.
This cookie is typically written to the browser upon the first visit. If the cookie has been deleted by the browser operator, and the browser subsequently visits the website, a new _gat cookie is written with a different unique ID. In most cases, this cookie is used to determine unique visitors to the website and it is updated with each page view. Additionally, this cookie is provided with a unique ID that Google Analytics uses to ensure both the validity and accessibility of the cookie as an extra security measure.
This cookies store other randomly generated ids and campaign information about the user.
Google Tag Manager tracking cookie.
Third party cookie that remembers you so that we can link chat conversations together to provide a better service. See https://www.tawk.to/privacy-policy/ for more information.
How To Opt Out Of Tracking Cookies
You may refuse to accept cookies by changing the setting on your browser which allows you to reject cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our website.
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings.
Find out how to manage cookies on popular browsers:
• Google Chrome
• Microsoft Edge
• Mozilla Firefox
• Microsoft Internet Explorer
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you wish us to remove your historical data from our Google Analytics account then please contact us.
You will need to provide us with your Google Analytics Client I.D.
Your Analytics Client I.D. is:
We use tracking cookies to remarket our services to visitors to our website. For this reason, once you have visited our site, you may see adverts for our services on other websites that you visit on the internet. While these cookies do not collect any personally identifiable information, they may be used by third-party vendors (such as Google) to enable us to market to you based on your interests.
How To Opt Out Of Advertising Cookies
If you no longer wish to receive advertising from us on sites that you visit on the internet, on the basis of Google’s third party tracking cookies, then please refer to Google’s Ad Preferences page to learn how to disable adverts.
Google Ads Preferences:
More information can be found here: https://support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access To Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
We may retain information about you, including personal information, for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes set out in this policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Google Privacy Information:
Google Ads Preferences:
General Cookie Information:
Network Advertising Op-Out:
This policy was last updated on the 19th of September 2020