Specification DocumentsPaper Material Specifications
General Properties of Paper
Our paper is a cellulose fibre base impregnated with a plasticised chemical treatment to resist: oil, petrol, air, water, alcohol, grease and most solvents.
Oil paper jointing is used for engines, axles, pumps, pipes and tank flange joints. As such it finds application in the automotive, marine, aero and agricultural industries.
This product is otherwise known as oil paper jointing or cellulose paper. We are a stockist of Flexoid and Omniafibre gasket paper which may be called; Flexoid, Vellumoid, Guamotor E, Oil Paper Jointing or Gaskoid amongst others. Please contact us for our full range.
Product Specification and Technical Details
As a general rule, paper is:
- Good for use with mineral oils
- A relatively cheap material
- Supplier: RAM Gasket Solutions
- Condition: New
- Thicknesses Available: 0.15mm, 0.20mm, 0.25mm, 0.40mm, 0.50mm, 0.80mm, 1.00mm, 1.20mm, 1.60mm, 2.00mm, 2.40mm, 3.00mm, 4.80mm, 6.40mm
- Sheet Size Available: (Typically) 1M x any multiple up to 20M
Is Paper the Best Material for my Application?
If you are unsure as to which material is best for your application then you can consult our gasket material selector. Material specifications can be downloaded from the link at the top of this page.
Alternatively, we are always happy to offer technical help and advice so if you require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.