Graphite Gasket Material
Specification DocumentsGraphite Specifications
General Properties of Graphite
Graphite is generally used in high temperature and high pressure environments and commonly finds applications in steam cycling or exhaust applications. These gaskets provide a higher performance seal in these conditions than non-asbestos jointing.
Graphite has a low friction surface. It excels in extreme conditions, resisting high pressures and temperatures.
It is available as a pure graphite sheet or with a steel core insertion which gives greater rigidity to the material. We can supply industrial or nuclear grade graphite.
Product Specification and Technical Details
As a general rule, graphite:
- Is good for use with steam and natural gas
- Has good ozone resistance
- Will hold temperatures of up to 3000ºC in non-oxidising atmospheres
- Has high corrosion resistance
- Has a long storage life
- Supplier: RAM Gasket Solutions
- Condition: New
- Thicknesses Available: 1mm, 1.5mm, 2mm, 3mm
- Sheet Size Available: 1M x 1M sheet, 1.5M x 1.5M sheet
Is Graphite the Best Material for my Application?
If you are unsure as to which material is best for your application then you can consult our gasket material selector or our guide to rubbers. Material specifications can be downloaded from the link at the top of this page.
Alternatively, we are always happy to offer technical help and advice so if you require assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us.